Before and After Photos
For this image, I cropped it to just at their elbows since their hanging hands were positioned awkwardly. I increased the saturation of the picture to add a golden hue from the sunlight, almost making it appear as though it was taken at an hour closer to sunset. I also enhanced the brightness of the photo so that the parts of their faces in the shadows are still visible. The model on the left in the white top had the hanger strings poking out at the top of the shirt and resting on her shoulder so I tried to blur that thread to the rest of the shirt.
For these scenic images, I added a filter that comes with the iPhone 8 called "vivid warm". This filter increases the saturation by adding a glaze of warm hues over the original photo. I felt this brightened the images without taking away from the natural beauty of the sky, water, and rocks.
This medium close-up shot of my friend Lucie has her tilting down the sunglasses and peeking over the frames at the camera. With the sun serving as a back lighting in the original photo on the left, it darkened her face and almost made a silhouette-like effect. Using the PicsArt app on my phone, I enhanced the photo and added a mask overlay titled "Move" that gives the illusion of a sun beam in the upper corner. These effects gave her skin a sunkissed type glow common in the summer months and the artificial sun beam gives more reason for the sunglasses to be worn.
I did very little to touch up this photo of Laura. I felt that the only component that needed enhancement was increasing the saturation of the sky. Her candid expression conveys genuine joy that speaks more than any adjustment could.
The photo on the left, although it looks as though it has a filter added after-the-fact, was actually taken through my rose-colored sunglasses. The sunglasses's lens gave the photo an orange tint across its entirety. I thought the orange was too harsh of a hue so I went into the PicsArt app and selected a filter called "Colors 4". This effect softened the image by turning the original orange hue to a light pink that seems more traditionally feminine.
This image was taken while sitting directly across from my model on the beach towels. The only adjustment I made to the picture was increasing the saturation so she doesn't look washed out. Increasing the saturation also helped to brighten the image and enhance her natural features.





Comments
Post a Comment