Cover and Article Adjustments
Although the adjustment was minor, I moved the cover lines and headline closer to the border. I wanted to keep the text off her face as much as possible. I raised the "Best Summer Jobs" cover line closer to the slogan to avoid it overlapping her face and taking away from the natural beauty of her features. I moved the "Must-Have Summer Fashions" cover line down to cover her hair and shoulder more. This way it doesn't cover her face and still has a darker background so the white and light pink text is visible.
I wanted to keep the yellow circle that was meant for text since it is aligned with the yellow color scheme of the magazine, but I didn't know what caption to put. Since the image is cropped and you can't see her outfit - which is what is usually described in such a text bubble -, I settled on inserting another dragonfly symbol to fill that space. I made the dragonfly black to make sure it was coordinating with the black headline below. The black is a bold contrast against the yellow and the replication of the dragonfly throughout the magazine ingrains the brand into the reader's mind. The dragonfly on the two-page spread keeps consistent with the dragonflies that appear next to the magazine name on the cover and the one that appears in the background of the table of contents.
I wanted to keep the yellow circle that was meant for text since it is aligned with the yellow color scheme of the magazine, but I didn't know what caption to put. Since the image is cropped and you can't see her outfit - which is what is usually described in such a text bubble -, I settled on inserting another dragonfly symbol to fill that space. I made the dragonfly black to make sure it was coordinating with the black headline below. The black is a bold contrast against the yellow and the replication of the dragonfly throughout the magazine ingrains the brand into the reader's mind. The dragonfly on the two-page spread keeps consistent with the dragonflies that appear next to the magazine name on the cover and the one that appears in the background of the table of contents.
Comments
Post a Comment