Table of Contents Draft


For the table of contents page, I used the Canva site and searched "table of contents" in the templates page. I selected the Bookish magazine table of contents preset template and tailored it to fit my college girl-aimed magazine. Above is the original draft I created for the magazine using said template. I uploaded an original image taken at the beach for the backdrop of the "CONTENTS" block. For the format of the page numbers and cover lines, I used the template shown to the left. Based on inspiration from other teenage girl-targeted magazine, I decided to include an image that correlated with the headline in the upper left quadrant.

After consulting with my groupmates, we decided to continue using the default template for the table of contents. However, this time we settled on using the given arrangement of the text. I duplicated the text box to establish two columns for the cover lines. I kept the backdrop the same since it ties in the summer theme. To fill the empty space in the lower right-hand corner, I moved the image of my celebrity Sarah Danes. I wrapped her name and the article title around the image of her to create a sort of frame. During my research I discovered that some magazines in this genre use symbols to indicate which cover lines were featured on the cover. I adopted this strategy by searching "sun" under the elements tab on the Canva site. I chose the icon that appears in both versions of the table of contents page. To further integrate the dragonfly into the magazine, my groupmate suggested that we place a pigmented dragonfly symbol in the background of the page. My dragonfly is colored yellow to coordinate with the summer sunshine and the yellow sun icons. Although my groupmate made the original white background a deep red to match her cover, I felt that the white still matched Ms. Danes's outfit. Using yellow as the background color would force the dragonfly to be a clashing color, thus I decided that the white background would suffice.







Comments