Two-page Spread Draft
This is my original draft for my two-page spread with my main article. The headline article is arranged so that the featured celebrity, Sarah Danes, occupies the top half of the first page. I settled on the title of "Sarah Danes" with the strap line of "The Summer Before Graduation" so that it corresponds with the summer theme of the issue. The piece is one of reflection as Sarah dives into her reason for leaving fame for the educational path. It provides our college readers the insight of the value of a college education all while looking into the personal life of a well-known name.
I created an introduction paragraph to provide context about the celebrity that helps flow directly into the interview. I used a two-column format for each of the pages because I felt this is most common within magazines and is easy for the reader's eye to follow along naturally. The second page has another image of Ms. Danes in the upper left-hand corner. I chose this particular image because it most coordinates with the first image, showing they are from the same photoshoot. The upper-right corner is occupied by a direct quote from the article. I chose the quote of "Overall, I feel that teenagers and young adults are wanting to value their education, but their instructors and guides are limiting just how much they can put into their efforts". This quote is both powerful and attention-grabbing upon reading it. Someone that would be flipping through the pages of this magazine could be drawn into reading the headline article due to the quote's bold yellow letters staring them in the face.
The space above the first interview question served as a clear distinction between the introductory paragraphs and the question and answer portion. I decided to fill this space with "from limelight to sunlight" so that it may tie in with the first few lines of the text. It is also representative of the star's transition from fame to trying to leave a conceivably normal college life, or stepping into "the sunlight".
The only adjustments that may need to be made editing the page number in the bottom right corner so that it may match the designated number on the table of contents page, and I need to add a description of the picture in the circular, yellow text box.
This draft was created using the Canva design creator online. Below are the preset templates I used and edited to best suit my magazine's house style.
Comments
Post a Comment