Working with PowerPoint: CCR Question 1


To ensure variety of the programs used for my CCR, I used PowerPoint to respond to question one. I am more familiar with the workings of PowerPoint than I am Prezi so I felt more comfortable in my skills. I was able to expand the question into multiple parts by dividing the presentation into sections.
First I divided the conforming to conventions and the challenging conventions. I broke down each of these categories into different slides that discussed each of the ways in which my magazine conformed to and challenged traditional magazine conventions within the same genre. Then I divided the representation of social groups and the representation of social issues, further expanding on each in separate slides.
I used title slides to introduce the upcoming concepts by using a table. The table would display an icon representative of the subject and the slides appeared in the listed order. The icon used would appear at the header of the slide it represented. I used images from my magazine product where appropriate to reinforce the point being made.
I experimented with transitions and animations for the PowerPoint presentation. I selected the Float In animation for the text boxes and the Fade animation for images. The animations would take place in the order they were selected, triggered by the clicking of the mouse. Between each slide, the transition Fade would allow the presentation to progress.

Comments